SUNNYVALE, CA, May 18, 2009 - ShoreTel, Inc., (NASDAQ: SHOR), a leading provider of Pure IP Unified Communications (UC) solutions, will showcase the flexibility and power of its award-winning business communication solutions at this year's Interop Las Vegas, where it will demonstrate industry-leading integration with IBM Lotus Sametime 8.0 and Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS) 2007 Release 2. Based on open standards, ShoreTel's streamlined integration capabilities provide enterprises with greater choice and flexibility in how they provide new UC capabilities to their users.
Thanks to ShoreTel's superior distributed IP architecture and support for open standards, organizations can choose to seamlessly integrate with other leading solutions, including IBM Sametime and Microsoft OCS. When customers leverage this integration, they are able to combine the easy-to-deploy ShoreTel business phone system with the powerful IBM Sametime or Microsoft OCS solutions for effective communications and leading business collaboration tools.
The inherent flexibility in the ShoreTel UC system also makes it easier for companies to deploy client applications according to user preferences, which helps drive employee adoption, and adds to the benefits of ShoreTel's secure and reliable distributed IP architecture to existing UC deployments. Visitors to Interop can see an extended, live demonstration at booth 1643 in the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, from May 19 to May 21.
- ShoreTel's support for industry standards enables integration with IBM Sametime or Microsoft OCS 2007 R2, providing users with new ways to increase productivity and collaboration without requiring them to learn a new interface or change their habits.
- The ShoreTel Call Manager plug-ins for IBM Sametime, based on Eclipse technologies, let companies integrate advanced voice capabilities within their IBM Lotus applications, including features such as telephony presence, click to dial and integrated call stack management.
- ShoreTel's Microsoft integration lets users access telephony capabilities, including click-to-dial and presence, directly from within Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft Office applications.
- All integrated solutions offer unmatched reliability and are easy to deploy, easy to manage and easy to use.
- ShoreTel holds the No.1 market-share position worldwide for small and midsize businesses using its ShoreWare Call Manager desktop application, and is ranked sixth in market share for UC desktop units in large enterprises worldwide, according to the Synergy Research Group report, 'Q4 2008 Collaborative Applications Market Shares.
- ShoreTel has ranked top in the industry for customer satisfaction for the last five years, and ease of use and manageability, while offering the lowest total cost of ownership.
- Demonstrations will take place at Interop Las Vegas, May 19-21, Mandalay Bay Convention Center, booth 1643.
"To help employees to become more productive and collaborate more effectively, UC client applications must be very easy to use, or the UC capabilities must be delivered via the applications employees are already using and feel comfortable with. ShoreTel's ease of deployment and use, the simplicity of our ShoreWare Call Manager application, and our integration with IBM Sametime and Microsoft OCS offer enterprises the flexibility to provide UC features in the way users prefer, minimizing the time to benefit and maximizing the long-term value."
- Kevin Gavin, vice president, marketing, ShoreTel
About ShoreTel, Inc.
ShoreTel, Inc. (NASDAQ: SHOR) is a provider of business communication solutions whose brilliantly simple unified communications platforms, applications and mobile UC solutions promise a new rhythm of workforce engagement and collaboration. With costly complexity eliminated by design from its award-winning, all-in-one IP phone system, UC and contact center solution, and its industry-leading hosted phone system, workers enjoy a freedom and self-reliance that other providers can’t match. Users have full control to engage and collaborate, no matter the time, place or device, for the lowest cost and demand on IT resources in the industry. ShoreTel is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and has regional offices and partners worldwide. For more information, visit shoretel.com or shoretelsky.com.
ShoreTel, ShoreTel Sky, and the ShoreTel logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ShoreTel, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.