San Francisco Giants
Referred to as “baseball’s perfect address,” AT&T Park opened in 2000 as the home of the San Francisco Giants and immediately became one of the city’s leading landmarks. With a capacity of almost 42,000, the stadium hosts baseball games, concerts and other major events, and with more than 122 wireless Internet access points, is one of the largest WiFi hotspots in North America.
As a leading adopter of green technologies that help improve visitors’ experience and ensure public safety, the SF Giants need reliable communications that can scale quickly and offer state-of-the-art features.
"The Giants were seeking a state-of-the-art communications system that would transform the way our front office staff, the media, and our fans connect at AT&T Park, and we were very excited to find that a local leader in IP-based communications offered an outstanding solution coupled with the best customer service in the industry. The ShoreTel system will help us all communicate more efficiently, provide enhanced capabilities for our staff and luxury suite patrons, and ensure the safety of our fans. On top of all that, the system will save us hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. ShoreTel has hit a grand slam for the Giants!"
— Bill Schlough, CIO, San Francisco Giants
The SF Giants needed a modern IP-based communication system that streamlines communications throughout the ballpark and off-site facilities, and provides mobile capabilities. Key considerations were reliability, scalability, survivability, ease of management, and end-user productivity. This high profile organization also is committed to environmental stewardship and ensuring public safety, and needed a system that supports these goals while helping to reduce costs.
A ShoreTel UC system with more than 450 phones throughout the ballpark and off-site facilities, ShoreTel Converged Conferencing and ShoreTel Contact Center applications and other new capabilities that include an integrated directory, an easy-to-use UC desktop application interface for call management with enhanced reporting for the sales team, email and voicemail integration, and integrated faxing.
The benefits of the ShoreTel UC system for the SF Giants include:
- A low total cost of ownership due to reduced system complexity and management ease. The SF Giants expect to save more than $300,000 dollars per year on line and management costs.
- Open and easy integration with existing custom applications.
- Improved fan experience with full-color, customizable displays on ShoreTel phones in luxury suites.
- Improved customer service with integrated business processes that lets sales agents quickly retrieve customer information for effective conversations that result in world-class customer service.
- Enhanced public safety with the ShoreTel Emergency Notification application that helps coordinate a rapid response to emergencies.
- Reduced energy costs that support the goal of achieving the “greenest” ball park in the country