The Ruckus ZoneFlex includes a WLAN controller and access points (APs). It is the first centrally managed, multimedia 802.11g Wi-Fi solution that delivers industrial-strength features and functionality not available in any low-end consumer AP or high-end WLAN system.
Together with the Ruckus ZoneDirector central WLAN controller, Ruckus ZoneFlex APs plug-and-play with minimum operational overhead. Ideal for hotels, schools, airports and small-to-medium businesses (SMBs) with little or no IT staff and a limited budget, the Ruckus ZoneFlex products are designed to handle the new requirements of business services such as voice over Wi-Fi, IP-based video and secure enterprise access.
- SmartCast – Quality of Service (QoS) and application-aware traffic classification
- BeamFlex – Beam Steering technology to avoid interference
- Automatic client configuration and Dynamic Pre-Shared Key
- Embedded security and intrusion detection solutions
- Allow customers to use certified VoIP over Wi-Fi phones
- Extend the Wi-Fi coverage area using Ruckus BeamFlex technology
- Ensure voice quality in the presence of other forms of traffic and in the presence of RF interference
- Support large number (20) of voice clients per access point
- Very simple installation and maintenance