ShoreTel Adds State of Texas Purchasing Contract
The Department of Information Resources in the State of Texas Awards ShoreTel a State Purchasing Vehicle, Expanding Opportunities for ShoreTel and Its Partners
SUNNYVALE, Calif., January 5, 2010 – ShoreTel® (NASDAQ: SHOR), the leading provider of brilliantly simple IP phone systems with fully integrated Unified Communications (UC), has announced that the State of Texas, Department of Information Resources (DIR) has recently awarded ShoreTel a statewide purchasing vehicle.
The DIR contract streamlines the purchasing process for government agencies in the state of Texas that are interested in acquiring the productivity, cost-savings and collaboration benefits of ShoreTel's easy-to-use, extremely reliable and highly scalable UC solutions. This is one of many ShoreTel government purchasing vehicles acquired in the past 180 days including contracts in the state of California (CMAS), state of New Mexico and state of Ohio (STS).
- The purchasing vehicle ensures that state agencies, local municipalities, K-12 schools, and universities in Texas obtain consistent, competitively bid pricing.
- The contract encompasses ShoreTel handsets, switches, conference bridges, accessories, training, software and maintenance.
- At a time when state budgets are tight, ShoreTel's UC features, scalability, and exceptional reliability enable state agencies to function more efficiently – allowing them to accomplish more using fewer resources. The solution also prepares these agencies for long-term growth.
- ShoreTel is already deployed in numerous K-12 schools, universities, federal, state and local government agencies across the country, and continues to increase its presence within the public sector.
- ShoreTel continues to aggressively pursue additional state purchasing vehicles to provide ShoreTel and its partners with the opportunity to expand their government business and increase market share in the public sector.
"Like many other states, the Texas Department of Information Resources has recognized the benefits of offering the ShoreTel Unified Communications solution to government agencies across the state of Texas. These government purchasing vehicles are extremely important to ShoreTel and our partner community. The contracts provide a mechanism for government customers to purchase ShoreTel's simple to manage, easy to use, and extremely reliable solution. ShoreTel continues to work diligently to create these purchasing opportunities within other states and federal agencies across the country."
– Troy Parish, Director of Government Programs, ShoreTel
For detailed information on ShoreTel products and features, click here.
RELATED LINKS & CONVERSATION
- ShoreTel Customer Success Stories (videos and case studies)
- ShoreTel Solutions
- ShoreTel blog
- ShoreTel Twitter
- ShoreTel Facebook
- ShoreTel awards
About ShoreTel, Inc.
ShoreTel, Inc., (NASDAQ: SHOR) is the provider of brilliantly simple Unified Communication (UC) solutions based on its award-winning IP business phone system. We offer organizations of all sizes integrated, voice, video, data, and mobile communications on an open, distributed IP architecture that helps significantly reduce the complexity and costs typically associated with other solutions. The feature-rich ShoreTel UC system offers the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) and the highest customer satisfaction in the industry, in part because it is easy to deploy, manage, scale and use. Increasingly, companies around the world are finding a competitive edge by replacing business-as-usual with new thinking, and choosing ShoreTel to handle their integrated business communication. ShoreTel is based in Sunnyvale, California, and has regional offices in Austin, Texas, United Kingdom, Sydney, Australia and Munich, Germany. For more information, visit www.shoretel.com.