ShoreTel Extends the Unified Communications Experience With Affordable, Easy-to-Use Conferencing and Collaboration
Easy-to-Implement ShoreTel Converged Conferencing 7.1 with Secure IM Reduces the Need for Expensive Hosted Services
SAN FRANCISCO, CA, November 10, 2008 - ShoreTel, Inc., (NASDAQ: SHOR), a leading provider of Pure IP Unified Communications (UC) solutions, has extended the UC user experience by integrating its enhanced ShoreTel Converged Conferencing 7.1 solution with the ShoreTel 8.1 Call Manager. The combination dramatically improves day-to-day communications by letting users quickly host meet-me audio and web conferences, chat securely via IM, and instantly share documents - all with a single mouse click from the same interface they use for voice communications. Designed for simplicity, ease of use and affordability, this end-to-end solution for unified voice communications and conferencing eliminates the need for more complicated and expensive hosted conferencing solutions. ShoreTel Converged Conferencing 7.1 also encrypts the instant messaging flow between enterprise users, ensuring proprietary information is safe from exposure to the open Internet.
The affordable ShoreTel Converged Conferencing 7.1 is easy to implement and creates a single vendor solution for ad hoc collaboration, providing enterprise-grade audio, Web conferencing and secure Instant Messaging. The conferencing solution increases productivity, allowing users to schedule one-time, recurring, and reservation-less conferences, providing the flexibility to seamlessly add conferencing tools as needed during a call, and enabling users to record conference audio and presentations.
ShoreTel is sponsoring and exhibiting at VoiceCon San Francisco 2008 on Nov. 11 and 12, and will be demonstrating Converged Conferencing 7.1 in the ShoreTel Booth #317. ShoreTel executives are also speaking in several VoiceCon sessions.
FEATURE & BENEFIT HIGHLIGHTS
- Conferencing and Call Management
- Extends ShoreWare Call Manager with seamless conferencing and collaboration capabilities
- Turns voice calls into conference and collaboration session with the click of a mouse
- Delivers secure IM capabilities within the enterprise
- Secure Enterprise-Grade IM Solution
- Delivers a complete collaborative solution in a single appliance that is easy to deploy and easy to manage
- Enhances communications across sites or time zones via IM conversations and the exchange of presence information
- Offered as a global product release with support for an expanded list of countries and languages
- Enhanced Security
- Support for LDAPS and SNMP v3 with privacy
- Enhanced password policy
- Expanded access codes
- Inter-organization access: can apply different policies to different departments or user groups
- Increased Capacity and Usability Enhancements
- Up to 204 conferencing ports; conferencing port reservation
- Supports webinars and town hall meetings
- Simplified, Secure Administration
- Speeds up administrative training
- Reduces IT manager's time on user changes
"In this challenging economic environment, companies are looking for communications solutions that can help them reduce costs while delivering enterprise-grade security and reliability. Today, our customers can affordably extend the tools they use for voice calls to conferencing and collaboration - simplifying their communications, increasing productivity, and significantly driving down costs by eliminating the expense of a hosted service."
- Kevin Gavin, Vice President of Marketing, ShoreTel
"As the nation's largest provider of network-critical power equipment, we maintain service agreements in all 50 states, and our staff depend on ShoreTel Converged Conferencing to work together to deliver a comprehensive package of power products and services to our customers. With so many people using our conferencing system, the ability of Converged Conferencing 7.1 to reserve ports allows us to avoid conflicts and reduce costs through more efficient conference port management."
- Kevin Mengelt, Chief Information Officer, JT Packard, a Power Plus! Company
For detailed information on ShoreTel products and features, click here.
SHORETEL SOLUTIONS FEATURED AT VOICECON
- ShoreGear Switches
Highly reliable devices with distributed call control
- ShoreWare Server
Provides open TAPI and TAPI Wave APIs with needed business applications of VM, AA, WG and CDR bundled
- ShoreWare Director
Browser interface for managing entire voice network, reducing support costs and increasing flexibility
- ShoreWare Call Manager
Productivity tools for general users, agents, supervisors and operators including desktop call control, unified messaging and video
- ShoreTel Converged Conferencing
Collaboration solution that unifies audio conferencing, desktop/application sharing, instant messaging, virtual meeting rooms, online presentations, and multimedia recording with one easy-to-use interface
- ShoreWare Contact Center Solutions
A range of applications satisfying the needs of all enterprises, from basic call center capabilities (Workgroups) to sophisticated distributed multi media contact center capabilities (Contact Center, Enterprise Contact Center & Syntellect)
RELATED LINKS & CONVERSATION
- ShoreTel 8.1 features
- ShoreTel Customer Success Stories (videos and case studies)
- ShoreTel blog
- ShoreTel awards
About ShoreTel, Inc.
ShoreTel, Inc., (NASDAQ: SHOR) is a leading provider of Pure IP Unified Communications solutions. ShoreTel enables companies of any size to seamlessly integrate all communications-voice, video, messaging and data -with their business processes. Independent of device or location, ShoreTel's distributed software architecture eliminates the traditional costs, complexity and reliability issues typically associated with other solutions. ShoreTel continues to deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction, ease of use and manageability while driving down the overall total cost of ownership. ShoreTel is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, and has regional offices in the United Kingdom, Sydney, Australia and Munich, Germany. For more information, visit www.shoretel.com or call 1-877-80SHORE.